Skip to content

Business Clients

Fiscal Representative in Spain

Do you need a fiscal representative after Brexit?

Good question!

Obligation to appoint VAT Fiscal Representatives

Businesses not established in the European Union are obliged to appoint a fiscal representative in Spain if they are VAT registered as a non-resident. In addition, if they wish to apply for a VAT reclaim as part of the 13th VAT Directive process, they must also appoint a fiscal representative.

The fiscal representative is jointly and severally liable for the taxpayer’s VAT liabilities.

UK and EU ecommerce sellers may have the obligation to appoint VAT Fiscal Representatives for their non-resident VAT returns. 19 of the EU27 states have some type of Fiscal Representation requirement.

To find out more about fiscal representation and which EU countries will require UK businesses to have this after Brexit, read our blog post that explains everything you need to know.

If you need any support with fiscal representation or any other issues regarding UK VAT compliance then please get in touch – we’re here to help your business avoid extra tax costs and continue cross-border trading.

Get a fiscal representative in Spain

We’re ready to help!

To make a no-obligation enquiry, please call us on +34 91 080 08 85 or fill out the form below.